You need to be answering the questions and issues your target audience go online to find the answer to on your blog. Sometimes, however, it’s necessary to add a different flavour to the mix. Other kinds of posts can really bring traffic, build better relationships and get you noticed.
In this week’s episode of the Online Marketing & Communications Podcast, I talk through some of my favourite blog post types.
- The Rant post
- The Sharing Inspiration Post
- The Way Off Topic Post
- The Behind the Scenes Post
- The Let-Your-Guard-Down Post
- The Showcase-YourPeers Post
- The Best Blog Post Elsewhere on the Web Post
- The Interview Post
- The “We’re showcasing our customers” Post
Links Mentioned in this Week’s Show
- Cliff Ravenscraft’s Why You Should NOT Start A Podcast
- How to Podcast for Business
- The Most Important Person at Jontus Media You Haven’t Heard Of
- Randy Cantrell’s Bula Network
- An interview with Randy Cantrell
- My “I’ve Lost My Mojo” podcast episode
- The best blog post I’ve read in the last few weeks: Adopting A Data Driven Approach To Increase Website Traffic
- Jenn’s post for IKD, profiling a customer: Like A Mullet, This 80′s Kitchen Had Gone Out of Style
Other Ways to Listen to the Podcast:
Get the Android App
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe in iTunes
- Click here for the show archive
- Click here for the show’s RSS feed
- Download the free Online Marketing & Communications Android app
Feedback? Leave VoiceMail
Have you got a question?
Get in touch and I’ll take up your marketing question on the show.