1. Get five of your smartest people in a room and put the following scenario to them. You have to improve the way you communicate with customers in the next three months. Ask them to work out how you could do it.
2. Bring a small team of your brightest people together. Ask them to compare the way you communicate with your customers compared to your biggest competitors. Then ask them to present what they learned.
3. Be creative. Remember how texting completely changed the way we communicate in recent years. What new ways that you haven’t imagined before could help you talk to employees, customers, each other?
4. Conduct a round-table discussion with your staff, discussing response times to customer queries. Remember customers want instant responses to their questions nowadays. How could your team cut 20% off response time and give better quality service?
5. Create a template in your email application that includes your regular salutation (greeting), close (Very best wishes) and signature.